Thursday, December 28, 2017

Are You Being Tempted ?

I was writing my tithe & offering checks, and I noticed I was going to be very tight on money for the next two weeks, because of increases in recent expenses, like electricity to heat my house. The owner never fixed the gas log fireplace, so its use electricity or freeze. I had already dropped the thermostat lower than anything I had ever used, hoping to lower the upcoming bill.

I have tithed ever since getting saved, and I believe even preachers should tithe and offer. JPH also tithes. I want to be obedient to the Word of God in everything.

As I began to make out the check, I heard Satan whisper: Wow, it sure would be nice to be able to keep that, and not be so tight on money.

To which I replied: Nope, not doing it! If I keep that, all the rest of my money will be CURSED. No thanks – Not today, Satan! Not today!!

As I began to pray for strength in this and for additional finances to get through these days, the Lord began speaking to me.

My Daughter, you have done well to resist the enemy's taunts and temptations. My people are all being tempted not to give right now, and many will fall to that temptation, believing they will suffer no consequences. Many of them overspent recently and now must pay the price otherwise, so they will choose to steal from My coffers rather than do without themselves.

Tell them, My daughter – tell them that stealing from Me, especially in this late hour, will bear terrible consequences, not only for them but also for their families and loved ones, for it opens the door to the enemy's destruction.

If they fall to the enemy's temptation, they will begin their next season in disobedience, and spend their year in want.

Tell them I love them and I desire they would prosper, but I cannot prosper them without their obedience to Me in these things.

Malachi 3:10
10 Bring ye all the tithes into the storehouse, that there may be meat in mine house, and prove me now herewith, saith the Lord of hosts, if I will not open you the windows of heaven, and pour you out a blessing, that there shall not be room enough to receive it.

Matthew 23:23
23 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye pay tithe of mint and anise and cummin, and have omitted the weightier matters of the law, judgment, mercy, and faith: these ought ye to have done, and not to leave the other undone.

No comments:

Post a Comment