Saturday, January 1, 2011

Give to the People On the Streets

The Lord is beginning to move on the hearts of His people to reach out to the destitute and lonely more – to give more freely. Some of you have even been feeling the urge to sell some items you can do without to give the money to feed the homeless or share with those who have nothing.

God is saying to you, “Give, My people! Give to your brothers and sisters, to the people on the street for when you give to them, you are giving to Me and many of you are giving to angels unknowingly and your reward shall be very great for doing so!”

“Give Me to them as well – in the form of My Word, My love, My compassion. Let the broken and hurting in this world see Me at work in you – reaching out to them, for in this way many shall come to know Me as their Lord and Savior. Be My hands and feet in a lost and dying world.”

“Many of you desire to be My Voice but secretly you seek your own glory and not Mine and for this reason I cannot use you in that way. I desire My children to share with one another and I will heap great and mighty blessings so large they cannot be contained on those who do this for My Name’s sake.”

“You say you want to be blessed and yet you refuse to obey Me when I urge you to do something. Do you not realize the two go hand in hand? Do you not know blessing follows obedience?

Matthew 25:40: And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me.

Luke 3:11: He answereth and saith unto them, He that hath two coats, let him impart to him that hath none; and he that hath meat, let him do likewise.

Luke 6:38: Give, and it shall be given unto you; good measure, pressed down, and shaken together, and running over, shall men give into your bosom. For with the same measure that ye mete withal it shall be measured to you again.

Deut. 15:11: For the poor shall never cease out of the land: therefore I command thee, saying, Thou shalt open thine hand wide unto thy brother, to thy poor, and to thy needy, in thy land.

Luke 12:33: Sell that ye have, and give alms; provide yourselves bags which wax not old, a treasure in the heavens that faileth not, where no thief approacheth, neither moth corrupteth.

Matt. 19:21: Jesus said unto him, If thou wilt be perfect, go and sell that thou hast, and give to the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come and follow me.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Glynda -

    I have seen the poverty in people increase that it is so painful. I remember a young couple on the subway begging for food, and after they begged, I saw the wife from a distance break down and cry. I can only imagine what they're going through

    Then recently, I saw a young woman begging on the subway carrying her newborn baby with her - both these situations are so heartbreaking.

    Your post is soo true, I really do feel that if we give these people we are giving to the Lord, not only that, but we are investing in our own financial future with Jesus.

    ~stormgal

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh, that would have broken my heart!!

    ReplyDelete